Friday, April 18, 2014

Insanity Workout Week 1 Cont. - Week 2 (Cardio Recovery, Pure, Plyometric Cardio Circuit, Cardio Power and Resistance)

Alot to go over since I've been busy these past few weeks, but yes I am still doing the Insanity workout, As of Thursday the 17th, this will be my 2nd week on the exercise routine. My 2nd fit test will be later on this evening, and after going through the first two weeks I can proudly say I feel confident about it. I'm slowly starting to understand what Shaun is saying when he says to tighten your core, and I am practicing that throughout the day, on and off the routine. Definitely feel the routine's effect on my legs and back, but my core is a much harder place to get just down right. I'm not going to go over every day since there's a lot to talk about but I will go over each individual part I had trouble with/learned/or did better than before.

Tightening your core
After hearing it, dozens of times (as well as the dig deeper slogan) I finally ask Google what that meant. Tightening your core means applying pressure to your mid section while you do the workouts. This engages the muscles in your abdomen. When I finally learned that for the cardio abs workout, I had no idea how hard it would be to concentrate on applying that pressure while doing all those complicated (for me at least) moves at fast speeds. I will try to practice this when doing the DVDs and while doing some of my other light exercises. I feel that this will be a good way to shrink the size of my stomach considerably.

Missing Days
Yep I admit it! There has been days that I've been skipping out on my insanity workouts. Mostly due to not having enough time to do them. So how did I make them up? I did the one I missed the next morning, then continue to follow the routine. I don't know if it's a good idea to do this, since that's literally 2 workouts in one day. But they're well spaced out between each other, and it hasn't really screwed me up. Yesterday, I had to do 3 Insanity workouts, the one I missed the day before, and the two scheduled for that day.

Pure Cardio
Still kicking my ass, but not as bad this time. Though it's the one workout routine that makes me pause the video more than 20 times just to get into it. Starting this week is when I have to add the Cardio Abs workout in addition to the Pure Cardio. The first time, my body couldn't handle it since I was also learning how to engage my Core

Other
Still haven't started the diet, but I'm trying to eat much less. Cutting down my meals to one plate. And purchasing low-calorie snacks for work. But there is still much I can learn. I might try the Results and Recovery Formula or something like it but all in all its going good. Can't wait to do the fit test!

2nd Fit Test Score

Weighing in at 279.4 lb

Switch Kicks: 57 (Compared to 47 from 4-3)
Squat Jumps: 24 (Compared to 37 from 4-3)
Power Knees: 36 (Compared to 35 from 4-3)
Globe Jumps: 7 (Compared to 6 from 4-3)
Suicide Jumps: 9 (Compared to 8 from 4-3)
Push up Jacks: 12 (Compared to 7 from 4-3)
Low Plank Obliques: 40 (Compared to 18 from 4-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment