Sunday, November 24, 2013

Dear Aniplex...

I first just want to thank you for serving in us American Otaku, and slowly bringing anime back to its prominence overseas. You are on the top of the list of distributors who shows real interest in your fans, like many you want these fans to go from casual watchers; catching the latest release online to casual buyers of your and other companies titles.



I'm very much stoked that you guys and Funimation are putting your faith in the new Toonami line-up, airing titles like Sword Art Online, and coming next spring; Blue Exorcist. Not to mention you've followed after Viz and have released english subtitled versions of your titles on Hulu and Crunchyroll. (This is how I was able to watch Magi and Madoka Magica this past summer) However one of the big titles I knew you guys had under your sleeves, was the re-release of Gurren Lagann, which some assumed was lost when Bandai Entertainment folded.

There's alot to like about you Aniplex, really I mean it; but there's a good reason why all the titles I've bought have come from Funimation... the pricing. The prices for some of your DVD sets are just ridiculous, we're talking 70 dollars and up for a new release. What? are the cases covered in small strands of gold or something? I could get the all the Season DVDs of Breaking Bad for much less. So until you lower the prices or until I find a job, I guess the only way for me to watch anything you guys distribute in the west is online or on Toonami.

Sincerely,
Most broke Otaku 

No comments:

Post a Comment