Sunday, July 7, 2013

My Top 5 Favorite Songs of early 2013

5. V.I.P. by SID 
Used as the 1st Opening theme of Magi the Labyrinth of Magic anime. SID (Who band name I have no idea as if its an acronym for something) has been on of the few new J-Pop bands I've been keeping an ear open for. I've always liked how alot of their songs have their own unique atmosphere to them, and with V.I.P., they have managed to once again make another hit song. I have no idea why the song is titled "V.I.P." but I'm guessing it with lines like "The Show Time!" it must know what its talking about.



4. I'm the Doctor by Murray Gold (Doctor Who)
Recently I've been watching some episodes of the current series of Doctor Who, and honestly at a some point of every episode, this piece of orchestral epicness starts playing. It's songs like this that I always love to listen to whenever I do something powerful. It gets the adrenaline going, it gets me excited, motivated and when placed at the backdrop of my everyday life, gives impact to everything that I do.



3. Fairy Tail Main Theme by Yashuharu Takanashi
If you have ever watched Fairy Tail, then there is no way in hell you could walk away with out its main theme burnt into your memory. This song has all the same ingredients that makes "I'm the Doctor" quite epic, but because its such a high fired composition it makes you put your all into whatever it is you are trying to do. I mean after repeated hearings, if you don't have the pieces most noticeable arrangements stuck in your head then you probably have an impenetrable shield between you and your brain.



 2. Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
To be honest, I almost passed this song up after hearing it played some many times for Spike's Ultimate Fighter series. But after seeing listening to the song in full, I instantly loved it. Its another high energy song that  inpowers you through your darkest days.



1. I'm Dying of Thirst by Kendrick Lamar
Lets me just get this out of the way and give thumbs up to the beat, Its very grim and serious sounding with choirs providing haunting ooos to Kendrick's lyrics of being tired of the everyday and wanting to escape. I think a part of me can relate to this song "Dying of Thirst, Dying of Thirst" it makes you think about what it is in your life that is you're tired of dealing with, that you're tired of running from, that you want to find a solution to "So hop in that water/ and pray that it works." Probably, one of the few songs from Good Kid Madd City (Sorry for the incorrect capitalization) that really resonates with me when its done playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment