Saturday, July 6, 2013

BeingNerd (The Inner Nerd)

So about some weeks ago, one of my cousins came through to chill with me, and I noticed he was wearing one of those retro TMNT t-shirts people where nowadays. Well knowing my cousin, I suspected he just bought it cause it was probably dirt cheap and might get him a few likes on Instagram. But its something I see alot of people do on social networks and it bothers me a little to. I mean its like people have reduced being a nerd down to black rim glasses and or allegiance to some overrated franchise. In a sense, being a nerd is now the norm among people.

Being a nerd is alot more than just what you wear and what you perpetuate online, to me its falling in love with something so much that you know the ins and outs of it. And the thing is; anybody at some point in there lives (were/or will be) considered  nerd for some time. Contrary to popular belief, there are many ways one can be a considered a nerd. (Geekdoms if you may call it) For example, my sister decided to go natural and is constantly looking for ways to make her hair not only look better but feel better too, she's a natural hair nerd. The cousin I mentioned before loves basketball, he plays many pick up games and finds ways to better his game, so he's a basketball nerd. It might sound immature coming from someone who is a nerd by conventional standards but when you really think about it, it might be true. If there is one thing, that you do with all your mind and heart you might as well be a nerd. (an Inner-Nerd you may call it)

So yeah, I'm calling everybody a nerd! but its more than just about wearing some glasses, taking a facebook pic then writing in the captions like "OMG I'm such a nerd! jk" Cause to most of us we know you just posing, so show your inner-nerd!


No comments:

Post a Comment